Friday, July 18, 2008

More Hauntings

Hey SAPS team,
Just wanted to update the site before the weekend and thought I'd provide a couple of hauntings for everyone to enjoy. Before that, I'd like to thank Momma Pug for providing us with the header that you can see at the top of the page. Looks great! Everyone remember to let me know how I'm doing!

The first haunting I have for you today is McRaven, Vicksburg, MS

Walt Grayson calls McRaven "The Most Haunted House in Mississippi," and would Walt Grayson lie to us? Seriously though, I read a lot about McRaven in a book someone had. Supposedly the lights come on without warning even though it is really tough to turn them on. They've had everything from residuals to full body apparitions. This would be one of the best places to investigate as it's close and it's haunted. I don't know much about the history of the hauntings beyond one of the owners of the house being shot to death by occupying black Union soldiers during the War between the States but more information can be found at http://www.mcraventourhome.com/

The second is Goat Castle, Natchez, MS


This was once called "The most haunted house in Natchez". Its story involves friendship, love, estrangement, insanity, and murder. I don't know the story well enough to tell it but you can read all about the goings on at http://www.prairieghosts.com/goat.html.
The house above has been torn down, but the woods next to the house and the neighboring house are both said to be haunted. 

So there are a couple of haunted locales for everyone to digest. I'll try to find more stuff to put up on our site, and next week I'm hoping to have more stuff for you. I'm gonna try to do a post of the members of SAPS, so everybody please email me and tell me what you want on the site or I'll have to make stuff up. 

Until next time,
Keep your eyes open and look for what is out there

Joey

No comments: