Friday, March 27, 2009

The Surge

I have told very few people about this story. But decided to share it with you. It was a very psychic experience. I have had them many times in my life, but none with such accuracy as this. As with most paranormal experiences there is no way of knowing for sure what is reality and what is not. But this experience was very real to me.

Like many others, I experienced Hurricane Katrina and all of her wrath. At the time though, I was living about 100 miles north of New Orleans. The entire time she came through, I was thinking about my beloved Mississippi Gulf Coast. It has always been home. And it and the people are where my heart is and will always be.After the storm had passed we went outside. That night was hot and muggy without air. The wind still whistled and it sounded like voices floating on the breeze.

I thought of the many people who had lost their lives and how an entire part of the state had changed forever.Over the next few days we all watched as the news crews began to show the devasation. It was absolutely heart breaking to see. I had nightmares many nights and was very depressed about my Gulf Coast. The thing that saddened me the most was the loss of Marine Life Oceanarium. It was a place that I had been to on many vacations and numerous times during my childhood. I think my connection and my love of the Coast was what brought me to the ghosts here so they could tell someone, anyone their story.

And that is exactly what she did. Her name I will not disclose. She is a representative of all the hundreds of people who lost their lives. And her story is one of many.I took a nap one afternoon about two weeks after the hurricane. I had a dream about a lady. It was as though she was showing me her story as it unfolded. I could hear her windchimes clinking and I could see out of her kitchen window towards the water. I saw two women. One was younger and a brunette with chin length hair around 45, the other was about 60 and reminded me of an older Paula Deen. I saw images of Marine Life, and the women clinging to boards and the water. The power of the water was amazing. It kept coming. As it filled the room, I saw them from up above. I never heard the words the women were saying. The younger woman was the caretaker. She survived.

Only the sounds of the windchimes. The water continued to fill the room. I remember exactly what she looked like. And feeling her emotions as she realized these were her last moments. She had a peace about her. A calm feeling as she realized that the sea she loved was about to claim her life. And then there was nothing but the surge. I awoke. I went to talk to my mom and she told me the woman I had just described was in the newspaper. She then showed me an article about her. The most memorable part of the article was the last line. "She did not survive the surge." I appreciate that she shared her story with me. I think all she wanted was for someone to hear her story. And I think by hearing it, she helped me heal from the storm.

~ Poohshay ~

No comments: